Medical visa is admissible to all foreign nationals seeking Medicare in recognized specialty hospitals or treatment centers in India. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of serious ailments would be of primary consideration; neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.
1. General guidelines for visa application are applicable in this case also.
2. However, additionally medical visa application form should be accompanied with a referral letter or preliminary medical advice from the Kuwait hospital, recommending specialized medical treatment abroad and a letter from the medical hospital in India, indicating appointment or showing willingness to undertake treatment.
3. The visa is granted for a maximum period of one year or for the period of treatment whichever is less for seeking medical attendance only in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India with complete address and phone numbers.
4. Attendant/family members of the patient coming to India for medical treatment shall be granted Medical Attendant visa co-terminus with the 'Medical Visa' of the patient. Such visa may be granted to the spouse/children or to those who have blood relations with the patient.
5. Such visa will be valid for maximum three entries during one year.
Fee: Upto 6 Months/Multiple Entry - KD 25.000
Upto 1 Year/Multiple Entry - KD 38.000
Apply Online at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in