Requirement for New Passport with Change of Name (Minor)
• Applicants are required to do onetime registration at
https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ (Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates) and create a USER ID
• Login using the newly created USER ID and fill in the user-friendly application form online at the same portal
• After submitting the form online, take a print out of the application.
• Affix recent photograph (size 51mm X 51mm) Passport sizes having frontal view with both ears clearly visible with plain white background and the dress in preferably in colour offering contrast with background for clarity at designated place. (Signatures are required to affixed before the Submission Officer of Embassy of India Kuwait CPV centers.)
• Submit the print out along with required documents and prescribed fee at the nearest Embassy of India Kuwait CPV centers with original existing passport.
• Original passport of the applicant.
• Attach applicant’s Civil ID copy.
• Attach both parent’s passport and Civil ID copy.
• Submit two news paper cutting.
Note: Applicant should publish change of name in a leading newspaper in Kuwait and in a leading newspaper in India published from the place of his/her permanent residence.
• Applicant has to come in person.
• The Applicant must produce Passport, Civil ID or any other related document in original for verification.
• All copies of documents should be self attested (sign & date).
• Those born in Kuwait should first change their name on the birth card issued by the Ministry of Health prior to change of name on passport. For the same, a no-objection certificate can be obtained from the Embassy of India Kuwait CPV centers for obtaining a new birth card with new name from the Ministry of Health (for any changes a new passport is issued and fees will be charged accordingly. ).
• Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.