Requirements for attestation of General Power of Attorney
- General Power of Attorney in two copies.
- Original passport of the applicant/ applicants, along with copies of the passport (front page, back page and residence page).
- Two witnesses (spouse may not be considered as witness) with their original passport and copies (front page, back page and residence page)
- In case Power of Attorney is in the name of spouse, proof of spouse may be provided.
- While executing Will at Embassy, Applicants along with the two witnesses have to come in person with their Passport and Civil ID copy.
- Applicant has to come in person.
- The Applicant must produce Passport, Civil ID or any other related document in original for verification.
- All copies of documents should be self attested (sign & date).
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted.
- General Power of Attorney is NOT typed in the Embassy.