1. Expatriate Associations in Kuwait are governed under the relevant Rules & Regulations of the Ministry of Labour & Social Affairs, Government of Kuwait. The Indian Associations have to respect and comply with them.
2. Registration of the associations by the Embassy of India is an acknowledgement of their presence and functioning, and is not an assumption of any responsibility by the Embassy for their activities; and the responsibility lies entirely with the office-bearers of the associations. Registration is subject to the guidelines set by the Embassy from time to time, and is voluntary. Further, Registration is not to be deemed by the associations as a substitute for compliance with Kuwaiti laws.
3. The Embassy of India, Kuwait, is fully conscious of the diversity of the Indian Diaspora in Kuwait, and their cultural and professional yearnings, and the need for suitable avenues in the form of meaningful and responsible associations within the confines of the Kuwaiti law.
4. The Embassy is also conscious that the Government of Kuwait has displayed tremendous confidence and trust in the law-abiding nature of the Indian expatriate community, and this is an important factor behind its being the largest expatriate population in Kuwait. The Embassy has an obligation towards ensuring responsible community activity that is in the larger interests of the entire membership of the associations concerned, while also being mindful at all times of the Indian Government’s friendly relations with Kuwait. In this context, the quality and vibrancy of the activities of the associations should be the guiding principle, and not the size of its membership.
5. The main objective and rationale of the associations is to provide a platform for the members and their families to be able to come together as cohesive groups for cultural/professional/sports purposes within the parameters of local laws and regulations.
6. At present, there are nearly 300 associations, including reputed professional associations, various cultural associations and alumni associations of reputed educational institutions, registered with the Embassy; the list is being updated regularly.
7. All Associations are advised to continue to use their registration numbers in all their correspondences with the Mission. The original registration numbers of all associations are valid and their original registrations stand extended. Those interested to register new associations may write with details to email@example.com.