ADVISORY for all category of Nursing staff seeking employment in Kuwait
- Obtain Emigration Clearance from Protector of Emigrants (PoE) Office in their respective State in India. DO NOT travel without this mandatory clearance.
- Recruitment of all category of Nursing staff should be done only through registered Indian Recruiting Agencies (https://emigrate.gov.in/ext/raList.action).
- DO NOT fall for the wrong advice of illegal recruitment agencies/agents both in India and Kuwait.
- DO NOT travel through third Country destinations (other Country Airports) on their Tourist Visa to enter Kuwait for employment without obtaining Emigration Clearance.
- Qualified Nurses (B.Sc Degree, GNM, Diploma Nurses, ANM etc.) should NOT travel on Domestic Worker Visa (Article 20) which is illegal as per Government of India and Kuwait Government Laws.
- All NURSES should accept/travel only on Article-18 (Private Sector Employment) Visa.
- As per Kuwaiti Laws, “HOME NURSES/CARE TAKERS” shall be recruited only on Article-18 (Private Sector Employment) Visa and NOT on Article-20 (Domestic Sector Employment) Visa.
- Nurses recruited for Private Sector Work/Home Care Nurses should NOT deposit their Nursing Certificates with Employer.
- All categories of Nursing staff may please note that their Nursing Certificates should be got verified in India before leaving for Kuwait. They are specifically advised to refuse/NOT to deposit their original Certificates with Private Hospitals/Agencies in Kuwait. It has come to the notice of the Embassy that many Hospitals/Agencies are confiscating Certificates of Nurses and denying them fair working conditions/ release/transfer.
- As per Kuwait local laws, Article-20 Visa for Domestic Workers CANNOT be transferred to Article-18/ Private Sector Visa after arrival in Kuwait, as wrongly being informed by illegal agents.
- Working/staying in Kuwait on wrong category Visa is a violation of Kuwaiti Visa norms.
- For attention of Nursing staff being locally recruited in Kuwait (transfer form Family/dependent Visa to Employment Visa etc.):
- Insist on a Written Contract attested by Kuwait MoH (attestation by Embassy of India is also desirable to safeguard your interests).
- Ensure that Hospital/Clinic has valid MoH License, MoH/PAM Quota for your employment.
- A valid Nursing License issued by Kuwait MoH is mandatory for employment in any Nursing job in Kuwait (including as Assistant Nurses, etc.). Accepting a Nursing related job without this License may invite penal action from Kuwaiti authorities including deportation and jail.